New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Special Request from Philly


If you've been reading this blog, you have probably read about one of my favorite neighborhood organizations, Hunting Park Christian Academy. I used to run the after-school program there about 5 years ago and I still go back every once in a while to check in on the kids. It's in those little check-in's that I have seen how HPCA impacts kids and families over time. I can wax eloquent about this but to put it simply, HPCA knows how to show God's love the kids of this neighborhood.

The school is struggling financially at the moment to the tune of $16,000 which is needed by the end of the week to make payroll. I asked them to set up a PayPal account for me to include on this blog, but for some reason, I can't get the button to work here. Fear not, however:

You can donate from the Brand New Day podcast website!

If anything on this blog connects with you and you want to contribute to what God is doing in Hunting Park, this is an excellent opportunity. Your dollar will get a good workout at HPCA, trust me.

Now, here are the obligatory cute kid photos:


My pal Nick showing off his Peacemaker of the Year award with HPCA principal, Tanya Figueiredo










Friends.














8th grade graduates. Wind changers. Friends.














My homeboy, Little Ryan














Nick again, posing with Phillies All-Star shortstop Jimmy Rollins the day before JRoll signed his 5-year, $25 million contract. Nice grin.


UPDATE: Thanks to those who have donated to the school from this web site!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

ASAM said...

Good for you for doing something about the fundraising.