New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Some People Like to Dance

I'm done with DJing for a few weeks. Need to take a breather. I did a wedding on Saturday at this opulent place in New Jersey. I was the only white person in the room and feeling a little bit of pressure to perform. The crowd was amped and ready to dance. They made my job easy and we all had a really good time. I got a nice check and a big round of applause at the end. The adrenaline rush lasted the whole two-hour drive home, but I was exhausted in the morning and showed up to church an hour late.

I go back and forth on the DJ thing. Some crowds, like the one on Saturday, are so much fun that I would do it every weekend. Others are so picky that it drives me nuts and makes me want to quit altogether. I can't yet figure out what exactly I can do to get them all to be as loose and crazy as the one I just had Saturday or if it is a simple fact of human nature that some people like to dance and others just say they like to dance.

No comments: