New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Philadelphians: America's Least Attractive

Councilman Darrell Clarke doesn't think so. And women, he wants your vote. His quote in an article about Time and Leisure Magazine's dubious assessment of our fair city is spoken like a true politician:

"I'm a single guy so I can say, in all honesty, that while I don't traditionally look at men to determine how attractive they are, I can tell you that we have the most attractive women of any city."
Hey man, stop looking at women and do something to fix Hunting Park. One of the largest parks in the city, it's in your district and it's a shameful example of the failures of city government. You've allowed a great public resource to become a haven for prostitution, open drug sales and use, public drunkenness, and down-low sex culture. That's ugly and dangerous if you ask me.

Earlier this year the media was in love with a story about a musician being locked up for playing in Rittenhouse Square past the hour allowed by law. Councilman Clarke, if we can get a fraction of that enforcement of the laws that are already on the books here in Hunting Park, I will finance an elegant date for you and the beautiful Philadelphian of your choice.

I want a Police mini station in Hunting Park. I want a cruiser to roll through the interior roads of the park at least once every half hour. That's all I'm asking for. Is that too much to ask for a city that can arrest kids playing the guitar after dark in Rittenhouse Square and constantly monitors Love Park for those rogue skateboarders?

1 comment:

kyuboem said...

Spoken like a prophet, Ryan. I hope the good councilman reads your post and puts his efforts into carrying out his job well instead of getting distracted.