New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Nutter and Quinones-Sanchez win

Listening to Michael Nutter's acceptance speech got me pretty excited. I'm glad to have a Mayor who speaks intelligently and I honestly believe he will get rid of a lot of the corruption in the city. I'm proud to have him representing me and believe he will be good for all of Philadelphia.

Not only did Nutter win, but Maria Quinones-Sanchez won the 7th District City Council seat which represents our neighborhood. I have a lot of faith in her and am delighted that for the first time in the seven years that I have lived here we will have a voice at City Hall.

Overall, I could not be more satisfied with our local elected officials. I have full confidence in Nutter, Quinones-Sanchez, and our State Representative Tony Payton, Jr. All three candidates ran on reform tickets and are not blatant drones of the Democratic party.

It is tempting to be cynical and think that nothing ever changes but the seasons. It is also tempting to believe that today truly is a new day in Philadelphia and in Hunting Park. I certainly hope so and I am glad to have the opportunity to work with people I respect as we work to prove it.

No comments: