New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Interviews vol. 1

Roberto and I went out at about 2:30 last night and recorded two men answering questions about Jesus and the church. One of them didn't want his face to be on camera so we just filmed his reflection in a storefront window. He is a guy that I've known for about 6 years now. Sharp guy and a hard worker, but can't get off the streets. One time he broke down every detail of my morning walk to the subway. He knew that I always walked a 45 degree angle from one corner to the other and that I always hopped onto the curb with my right foot first (I have a gimp left knee...) and that I always checked my watch right before I went down to the subway. He said, "Look man, don't ever think that these streets don't have eyes..." That has been one of the best lessons I've learned out here. Your words don't mean nearly as much as your actions and when the two don't match up, people notice. Click here to see the interviews.

UPDATE: Click here to see the final version.

1 comment:

Miss-buggy said...

"Your words don't mean nearly as much as your actions and when the two don't match up, people notice."
That is amazing. Kinda scarey at the same time that he knows so much about your routine. I hope that my words and my actions aline and that if they don't I am shown the way. That is definately something to remember.