New Blog Address

Ryan's blog can now be found HERE.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pray For This Space


Here is a merge of three photos taken in the warehouse that my church owns. This should give you some idea of the size of the building. If not, take my word for it - it's huge (roughly 100k sq. ft.). So, we're hoping that someday this will be a gym and 30 classrooms. I love all the natural light and I hope we can preserve that. If you don't know, my church runs a school which currently has over 200 students and an additional 200+ student waiting list. This warehouse has the ability to create enough space for the kids on the waiting list. The tuition at the school is as low as it could be (around $100/month per student) and so it is a viable option to families in our neighborhood, but it leaves no budgetary room for building projects. The staff love on these kids tremendously and I am convinced that those relationships are making a big difference in the lives of these kids, their families and this community. The students are also learning about Jesus in ways that go beyond rote indoctrination. I believe that these children will go on to do tremendous things, armed with a knowledge that they are beautiful and a practical sense of what it means to "do" the gospel. I can go on ad nauseum about why you should support this school and this building project, but I won't. Yet. There will be more on this later when I finish the promo DVD for the school. Click on the picture for a larger image.

1 comment:

lana bear said...

what church do you go to?? I just moved to Philadelphia, and Im desperately seeking a new church home!